Oddments

Have Lung Motor Protection?

Lung Motor Ad circa. 1916

Lung Motor Demonstration circa. 1914

Have you asked for LUNGMOTOR protection?  You will.  Or die tryin’.

Related Posts
  • No related posts found.

Comments

1. bmj2k  March 21, 2011

Wow. Who knew they were experimenting with cyborg technology in 1914?

When I was young the Wendy’s restaurant tables were designed with old-time ads on them. I never saw that ad but it is the same style.

2. skinner  March 21, 2011

Yikes – although you could re-caption that second picture as an early experiment in ghostbusting/exorcism technology.

3. Jim  March 21, 2011

I remember those tables! And now I want a Frosty. And a double with cheese. And probably the 1914 version of a defibrillator to go with the lung motor.

An exorcism machine. I like it. Drawing the evil spirits from the body, and then replacing them with fresh, clean, wholesome air. They probably would have sold more of them that way.

4. skinner  March 22, 2011

I was going to make some sort of witty follow up, but now I’m entirely distracted with the notion that I might head out for a cheeseburger. Wendy’s has apparently created the most subtle internet marketing scheme I’ve ever encountered.

• Jim  March 22, 2011

Do they still have the cheddar and bacon baked potatoes? Grab one of those to. Unless you have any respect for your arteries.

5. Rob  April 15, 2011

I just found one of these machines at work. It looks like it’s never been used & certainly doesn’t look like it’s almost 100 years old! I found this site googling to see if there was a way to determine it’s value. Any ideas?

• Jim  April 17, 2011

No, not really. I’d check ebay first I suppose. I’m sure there are people who collect antique medical equipment – it’s got to be worth something to somebody.

6. Becky  March 31, 2012

Just wondering if anyone found a value for this. I have been trying to find a value for mine for a while.

7. Bruce Rheinschmidt  April 16, 2012

I have a lung motor in real good shape. I would like some Info on this Item. It is like the one on your web page. My E-Mail address is mfd78chief@yahoo.com THANKS

8. Jim  April 16, 2012

Sorry folks, I have no idea what these things are worth. I don’t even own one – just found the photograph interesting.